RFI

Re: [RFI] Raucous ruckus...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Raucous ruckus...
From: Andy <AI.egrps1+contesting@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 11:22:12 -0400
>  I tured it on in the house, it was hammered by
> insanely strong noise- everywhere, unplugged the transmitter, noise gone.

Um, isn't this thing doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing?

Kind of like those underground cable locators, that send an RF signal
into the cable, so you can locate it with a radio.  For the customer
who complains, "Hey, this thing radiates RF signals," you got what you
paid for.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it seems like radiating lots of hash
is exactly the idea here.  Isn't that "heavy buzzing signal" what it
is meant to do?  Yeah, you could argue they didn't need to make the
noise quite so broadband, or so loud, maybe.  That just makes the
signal easier to detect without a more sensitive receiver.

But I really don't think this thing was meant to be left plugged in.

It's like using a smoke generator to look for air leaks in your house.
 I wouldn't leave one running 24/7.

Andy