RFI

[RFI] AM Radio Interference On 75 meters

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] AM Radio Interference On 75 meters
From: Joe <wa6rkn@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 09:09:33 -0700
Here is the scenario.  In the evening, through 6 am, radio station KFBK
Sacramento (1530 KHz) *blasts into 75 meters with a 25k wise signal at 3.960.
The signal is so stron, SSB conversations on 3.959 are impossible.

Notch and DSP filters in the radio do not work (Icom 757Pro) and other radios
set up at that location, either fixed or mobile, suffer the same issue.

Here is are 'RFI present', and 'RFI Absent' Videos to exhibit the problem.

Interference Present:
http://s1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh635/WA6RKN/?action=view&current=RFIPresent.mp4

Interference absent:
http://s1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh635/WA6RKN/?action=view&current=RFIAbsent.mp4

Any suggestions?  Nothing has helped so far...line chokes, coils, Band pass
filters, etc.

Definitely a 3rd order harmonic..Radio station is blowing off the complaint, so
a formal complaint has been filed with the is so bad, we cannot communicate
with the involFCC, but that will umpteen years to get acted upon.  (:  It is so
bad, we cannot communicate with ham involved!

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Joe Wolfe
WA6RKN