RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off- NOISEFOUND!!!!!

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off- NOISEFOUND!!!!!
From: "Dale Svetanoff" <svetanoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 14:13:53 -0500
Jim and All,

Just an FYI note on CFL and LED lamp life: "Consumer Reports" is in the
midst of accelerated life testing on a large number of CFL and LED lamps.
They are about 2 years into the mission and still running.  LEDs are
looking good, but still pricey.  Some CFLs are now lasting >10k hours, but
many are not.  They do cycle all bulbs on/off, but they note that some CFLs
are specified as not less than 15 minutes on time when used.  Alas, they
are not tracking any RFI issues.

73,
Dale Svetanoff, WA9ENA
Sr EMC Engineer
E-N-A Systems, LLC
Specializing in shielding applications, system grounding, and lightning
protection

NOISEFOUND!!!!!

> On 9/22/2012 2:15 AM, dalej wrote:
> > I have low power (9 watt) CFL's all over the house including two in the
shack and I have never had a noise from them,