RFI

Re: [RFI] Alvarion Pro 6000 Wireless Internet Hardware? - Follow UP!

To: "Rfi List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Alvarion Pro 6000 Wireless Internet Hardware? - Follow UP!
From: Eric - VE3GSI <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 21:02:30 -0400
Hello Jim,

Thanks for the birdie reminder.

First, I should clarify a couple of things from the previous post. When I said no or next to no noise, I did mean no significant increase in floor noise on the HF bands that can be caused from digital hash and switching supplies. I also should have said, the very little increase (in floor noise) I did observed was mostly on 80 meters. Again, the floor noise change I do hear is very little.

The birdies, interesting there too. My old router (2-wire) had the birdies on both bands, the 15 meter birdie was the stronger of the two. With the new Netgear WNDR45000 router, it still has the two birdies, but now the stronger is on 20 meters, actually now, the 15 meters birdie is almost impossible to find if there is activity on the band. Even though the 20 meter birdie is stronger, it does not move the needle, and a strong station will cover it. Something tells me if I apply your good K9YC RFI practices to the cable, I might be able to make the birdies drop even further into the floor noise. So far I have not found any new birdies.

Also interesting, like real-estate people say, 'location location location'. The older 2-wire router at the previous QTH had no birdies (that I can remember) but there, I had two beams and much shorter CAT cable runs.

73,
Eric - VE3GSI

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brown"
To: "Rfi List" Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:29 PM