RFI

Re: [RFI] CFL Noise Update - Neighbor Removes Burned Out CFL

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL Noise Update - Neighbor Removes Burned Out CFL
From: Al K0VM <al.k0vm@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 11:35:00 -0500
Tony,
  This may be a bit of a stretch...
It could be possible that turning on the switch in our house effectively changed the pattern of your receive antenna in the direction of the bad CFL... i.e. created a null in that direction in one switch position but not in the other ( especially if you antenna is near you house wiring ). The wiring in your house does have resonances and transmission line effects that could change when a switch is flipped.

Did just the level of the interference change when you flipped the switch or did the interference shift frequency.

  Any way, just glad you found the source of the problem.

AL, K0VM