RFI

Re: [RFI] 8-KHZ-spaced low frequency RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 8-KHZ-spaced low frequency RFI
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:35:46 -0700
That suggests the source is something running from a well controlled clock that isn't dithered. Perhaps a Plasma TV? I'm guessing.

73, Jim K9YC

On 10/23/2012 6:27 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
I'm seeing very crisp, clean 8-KHz-spaced RFI spikes on 160 and 80 meters (on HDSDR). Because it is clean and does not appear to drift noticeably, I'm inclined to rule out switching power supplies. Any ideas what else it might be, to simplify my search?