RFI

Re: [RFI] Signal on 433.875

Subject: Re: [RFI] Signal on 433.875
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 00:53:06 -0500
On 11/18/2012 10:11 PM, KD7JYK DM09 wrote:
: It's also in the repeater link area for remote receivers.

Yes, but that would be "Ham" application, and not relevant to RFI.

But it is if it's the link hearing the other signal.
Looks like that specific frequency is a very bad one for a link.
I know of at least one link on the frequency.

With all the unlicensed services used the same group of frequencies we use for links this is likely going to be an ever increasing problem. Wireless mikes, Wireless headsets on drive throughs, security, remote control, Weather stations, RFID, etc...

Sounds like it'd be a great frequency for a beacon at the legal limit, but here the legal limit is 50W and Beacons are in a different part of the band anyway.<sigh>

73

Roger (K8RI)

 Hearing
a Ham on a Ham Radio in the Ham band doing Ham stuff is no biggie.  Hearing
27,217,984 unknown low powered devices with various modulation schemes in
"our" band (not really), that kinda draws attention.

Kurt