RFI

Re: [RFI] Help with Buzzing Monitor

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Help with Buzzing Monitor
From: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 21:16:13 -0500
A *quick Google(tm) search on the model number* reveals a user site.

For specifics see http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpost.php?p=103476&postcount=16

QUOTE
...replaced three Capxon caps in a Q9 (purchased off kijiji for cheap) today with some Rubycon 470uf 25V 105C ZL capacitors.

Initially the monitor would work with the old caps, but then shut off and making this loud buzzing noise. I did some research which led me to here and ordered a solder iron, solder, etc and watched some youtube videos on how to solder.

Now the Q9 seems to work okay with the new caps (no extensive tests yet).

Some pics showing the bad and replaced caps. This is my first time soldering and...
END QUOTE