RFI

Re: [RFI] URGENT: Washing Machine RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] URGENT: Washing Machine RFI
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:22:17 -0500
On 2/24/2013 7:19 PM, dalej wrote:
I would only buy a top loader.

We have a front loader, it works fine, and creates no RFI.
However its about 5 years old.

What's this about a "cupful of water"??

Off topic, I also would be careful to buy a new toilet and shower head. Unless
you like  low water showers and multiple flushes of the toilet to get things
moving, DOWN.

Shower heads and many toilers (unless they actually have a small tank) are very easy to modify.It took only about a minute to remove the shower head restrictor, or drill one out. "Some" toilets can have the flush increased by increasing the stand pipe height. not all have the height available. If you aren't good with plumbing, better find someone who is. Shower heads are relatively cheap although the restrictor may also aid the dispersion/spray pattern, but be careful with toilets.

However as it's now the law, good luck on finding shower heads and toilets that are not "water saving"
Dale, k9vuj

73

Roger (K8RI