RFI

Re: [RFI] Is it true this is "immune" to generating RFI?

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Is it true this is "immune" to generating RFI?
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 18:55:48 -0400
Maybe I missed it because I only took time to skim, but I didn't see where it said anything about not *generating* RFI. I saw one comment that said something about ethernet not being particularly prone to *receiving* RFI. My experience has been that PoE systems have all the usual ethernet egress of RF across the HF-VHF spectrum *plus* many of them have even worse issues caused by the switching power supply.

I have a PoE system that powers an access point located atop one of my towers. Its original power supply completely trashed 160 meters. I cured that by going to a DC injector and using a linear bench supply to provide power. Clearing up all the ethernet carriers while there is ~200 feet of CAT6 running up into the midst of my antenna farm is not so easy.

73,
Paul N1BUG