RFI

Re: [RFI] Solar power generation

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar power generation
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 06:25:02 -0500 (CDT)
i think battery systems are harder to rfi proof because of the bigger currents
involved in charging batteries and running a single large inverter.  be sure to
keep loops as small as possible to reduce radiation.  this means keeping the
positive and negative wires as close to each other as possible their whole
length.  unless you need it for backup power i would recommend micro-inverters,
see http://www.k1ttt.net/misc/pv.pdf and look at the company links from
http://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/public/systems/BpbD5251 for more info on
those.

there are also many solar installations at or near ham shacks so ask about the
specific models of equipment to see if anyone has experience with them.