RFI

Re: [RFI] What the Cellphone Industry Doesn't Want You to Know about Rad

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] What the Cellphone Industry Doesn't Want You to Know about Radiation Concerns
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 20:12:27 -0400
On 6/14/2013 1:01 PM, Peter Laws wrote:
On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM, qrv@kd4e.com <qrv@kd4e.com> wrote:
Trogladite-Leftists aren't troubled by poor English let
alone obvious lies.

Gee, I'm a leftist, but I've never played Dungeons and Dragons (the
dice are weird).  Or did you mean some other kind of Troglodyte?
Also, I don't know any Soviets (are there still Soviets?) and find
most of the apartment buildings they built rather drab.

I supported the current occupant of the White House.  I didn't support
the LightSquared GPS-killer (not microwave oven killer).  I don't
support the appointment of Tom Wheeler, cell-phone lobbyist of many
decades, to the FCC either.

There isn't much I can do about either, however.  Thankfully, someone
with an engineering class or two apparently got the ear of someone
"important" and the GPS-killer was killed at least.

So I'm confused as to what this has to do with RFI ...

It has to do with RF limitations and the effect it would have on ham radio. The contents are supposed to scare the non technical into believing that the signals that are permeating the atmosphere ( RFI) are poisoning them and thus consent to a thousand fold decrease in non ionizing radiation.

My 2-meter array was at 130 feet and at that height "just" made the limits at my property line, if running 400 was just I kept my transmissions to 3 minutes. (Uncontrolled area) My tribander was at 100 feet and the legal limit would allow a 6' person to stand at the base of the tower with one foot to spare, (controlled area)

Decrease the allowable exposure by a factor of 1000 and look what happens.

Of course that would practically eliminate the utility of cell phones and we'd be back to the old hard wired land line. The general public would not stand for it. OTOH the administration has shown they care little for opposing ideas, opinions, or facts.

The only hams would live well out in the country with the antennas several hundred yards from the house with a tall chain link fence around it.

73

Roger (K8RI)