RFI

Re: [RFI] LED Under Cabinet Kitchen Lights YES or NO

To: "Pete Smith N4ZR" <n4zr@contesting.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED Under Cabinet Kitchen Lights YES or NO
From: "Jeff Blaine" <jeff@ac0c.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 11:26:01 -0500
There are many China ebay sellers of LED strips that come on a reel. The LED are spaced every inch or so apart and are driven off 12VDC. Dropping resistors are on the tape. Current consumption is around 1A per 3'. So you can make up series or parallel combos if you have a long run.

Cost is around $1 USD per foot or so. Some versions are covered with a sealant to make them water tight and all the ones I have bought have had self-adhesive on the back side. Installation on my basement cabinets was a snap.

These can be driven with analog wall transformers to be RFI silent. And you have a brightness adjustment (if you want it) by varying the voltage.

Very cool stuff.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie