RFI

Re: [RFI] Quiet Dimmers For 120V Incandescents

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Quiet Dimmers For 120V Incandescents
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 17:54:33 -0700
On 8/25/2013 3:44 PM, Howard Lester wrote:
I recall it was the Skylark line of Lutron dimmers I installed in my
[former] house over 10 years ago. I found them also to be quite quiet.

OK, we seem to have that dragon slain -- the unanimous response is Lutron. From studying data sheets, I see that the Maestro line data sheet lists them as compliant with Class B Part 15.

Now the next dragon -- a clean switching power supply for low voltage lighting that fits in backboxes for lighting fixtures. Transformers with sufficient power ratings are much too large.

73, Jim K9YC