RFI

Re: [RFI] "Quiet" RS 75 watt inverter

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] "Quiet" RS 75 watt inverter
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 12:25:58 -0700
On 3/24/2014 11:40 AM, Kenneth G. Gordon wrote:
I will repeat for emphasis: I was MOST surprised to discover that it is
almost completely quiet RF wise.

In fact, I cannot hear any noise from it at all.

Question: Aren't you the guy talking about chasing down strong noise? (I saw 20 dB over S9 in one of your posts a week or two ago). If so, how have you determined that these units are quiet? Is it possible that one or both are putting out S9 noise that would be 24 dB above the S5 that someone in a quieter location, and that ham would call it very noisy? :) Believe it or not there are hams with noise levels on the order of S2 at times.

73, Jim K9YC