RFI

Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...

To: "RFI@contesting.com" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 01:40:12 +0000
The unit we tested had the FCC logo on it, even though it was 58 dB over the
noise limits.

It also has a CE mark on it, and there are already complaints being brought in
Europe.

Under the US rules, the FCC does not test any equipment to authorize it.  Even
certification is based on manufacturer-supplied test data.  In the case of
lighting devices, the equipment is "verified," meaning that the manufacturer is
required to test the design before marketing it.

Ed Hare, W1RFI