RFI

[RFI] Keurig coffee vs Astron Rs35M >> AC outlet testers

To: "Rfi@contesting.com" <Rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Keurig coffee vs Astron Rs35M >> AC outlet testers
From: Scott Yost <nm8rmedic@rocketmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 07:35:40 -0700 (PDT)
Our home was built in 1874.  I suspect it was wired well before the 1930/40's
era push for rural electrification, as a nearby dam supplied power to the
community as early as 1904.

The house was rewired when we purchased it, but I still had lingering doubts as
a small portion of the wiring was inaccessible.

Recently I purchased an Extech CT70 outlet tester and have been testing every
circuit, including the overhead lights.  It shows many parameters, including
branch voltage drop load tests, and, Z for every conductor.

I highly recommend it.  Shop aggressively, as I found the price to vary by a
factor of two between vendors.

73,

Scott
NM8R