RFI

Re: [RFI] Data signal at 21001.47

To: Rfi@contesting.com, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Data signal at 21001.47
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 19:04:12 -0000
On 3 May 2014 at 11:46, Kenneth G. Gordon wrote:

> On 3 May 2014 at 14:40, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
>
> > Anyone else hearing a wide and fairly loud data signal down on the
> > bottom end of 15 right now?  As well as I can tell it seems to be NE
> > from West Virginia,
> >
> > --
> > 73, Pete N4ZR

Pete:

Yes. I am hearing a very weak data signal on or near that frequency here
in Moscow, Idaho, very close to the Idaho/Washington border.

My noise level is S-5, but I can still hear it.

I would estimate the level of that data signal at about S-2 to S-3 here.
Maybe even lower.

Rig is an FT-890. Antenna is a 55' tall vertical tuned to resonance with
a homebrew coupler.

Ken W7EKB