RFI

[RFI] My RFI - a report.

To: Rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] My RFI - a report.
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 10:00:00 -0700
We are still having great difficulty determining the source of our noise here.

Since my last report to the group, I have discovered that I am not the only
one being effected by this garbage: at least 4 other hams, all within about a 5
mile radius of my station, but east of me, are also being badly effected by it,
although, my station seems to be getting it at a much higher level than the
others.

However, one very interesting, but in my opinion, somewhat "iffy" matter
occurred yesterday: another ham who, although he is not being badly
effected by our noise, since he lives in a town about 10 miles away from here,
mentioned that he was in a conversation with a friend of his, an employee of
a local technical company.

He discussed with his tech-company friend the details of my noise. His
tech-company friend went totally silent for about 20 seconds, then said "I may
know what the source is". Then, despite "intense pressure" (his words) from
my friend, the man refused to say another word on the subject.

Although I found this info extremely interesting, I don't know that this can be
of any use at all at this point.

I DID suggest to my friend that IFF (*) that company WAS the source of the
RFI, it could be fined something like $16,000 for each day during which the
RFI occurred. In this case, $16,000 * 365 = $5,840,000 and this factor might
be an excellent source of further "pressure". ;-)

(* IFF = IF and ONLY IF)

I also sent a long e-mail to our state SM mentioning that apparently the RFI
levels around here have increased exponentially within the last year and
asking him if he might know of a source of more technically experienced help.

The saga continues.

Kenneth G. Gordon W7EKB

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."--- John   Wayne