RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI in the HF spectrum from variable speed Mitsubishi HVAC sys

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI in the HF spectrum from variable speed Mitsubishi HVAC systems
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 15:50:42 -0700
On 6/20/2014 3:27 PM, David Propper wrote:
I am considering installing 2 Mitsubishi Split Ductless air conditioning/heat
pump units in my home. I have read threads in the past that cite RFI problems
in the HF spectrum from HVAC systems which use variable speed compressors and
fan motors.  Do you have any history with these systems and specifically the
MUZ-FE12NA and -FE18NA outdoor units which mate with the MSZ-12NA and -FE18NA
inside units ?

Make it a part of your contract for purchase of the system that it will cause no RF interference to your radios, and make the contract hold back one-third of the total cost until you've verified that it's clean. That will cause him to build the cost of adequate filtering and other measures into the cost.

73, Jim K9YC