RFI

Re: [RFI] Grundig G3 vs Tecsun PL-660

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Grundig G3 vs Tecsun PL-660
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 20:53:34 -0800
On Sun,1/11/2015 2:49 PM, dalej wrote:
I got the 660 and it's very good SW rx plus a good portable noise finder.  I
highly recommend it.  Price is right too.

The primary virtue of the Tecsun radios is that they use modern DSP techniques, many of the same used by ham mfrs. The PL380 is a very good $50 radio, the PL660 and PL880 are very good $150 radios. I own both PL380 and PL660. I'd guess (by careful listening) that the 660 has 3-6 dB better sensitivity than the 380. I know nothing about the Grundig model, or even about Grundig in general. The NAME has been around for many years, but names are bought and sold. Contemporary RCA products are pretty low quality -- that name was sold when the real RCA was folded. Ditto for AT&T and Altec. The only connection between new and old is MONEY. :)

73, Jim K9YC