RFI

Re: [RFI] Zapped

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Zapped
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 20:47:04 -0500
Dangers?

We are talking a heating effect from an extremely high powered microwave signal. It's heating It may be extreme, but I see nothing inappropriate about the post. Those who thought it was insensitive should view the "chainsaw video" shown in industry.

Point is, people need to know the difference between real dangers and a little leakage. Unlike radiation (Alpha and Gama) which has lasting effects, microwave heating has none, unless carried to the extreme of damaging cells from the heat.

Much lower frequencies such as power line as well as LF and even MF "may" present more of a hazard.

The FCC is concerned about heating of human cells, but in the long run that may not be worth worrying about except in extreme cases.

We do not know the real effects of different frequencies of non ionizing radiation, so we play it safe, we think.

73

Roger  (K8RI)