RFI

Re: [RFI] Query for the group.

To: Randy Farmer <w8fn@tx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Query for the group.
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 18:51:05 -0000
On 25 Jul 2015 at 13:31, Randy Farmer wrote:

> Ethernet birdies.

Ah. Makes sense. Dang.

> You're lucky to have only two.

Well, actually, I don't KNOW that I have only two. On 40 and 80 there appears a
"wandering" bit ofpretty loud crap that is pretty broad, and wonders up and
down the band at
intervals. I haven't tracked that one down yet, but suspect it is some sort of
switching power
supply somewhere close by.

> At my QTH they come in
> clusters of three or four, presumably from neighbors' hardware. I've gone
> wireless to get rid of mine.

Well, we have both wired and wireless in our local net. Up to 5 computers, 3 of
which are
hardwired.

And, at this point, then, there isn't much I can do about them, I would suppose.

I have added multiple turns of cat 5 through large ferrite "chokes", but mostly
to keep my
transmitter out of the hub. That worked.

Thanks for the info, Randy

vy 73,.

Ken W7EKB