RFI

[RFI] 17 mhz - 25 mhz - Distorted audio every 250 khz

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] 17 mhz - 25 mhz - Distorted audio every 250 khz
From: Aaron Kreider <aaron@campusactivism.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 16:14:58 -0400
I recorded this RFI. It is about every 250 khz. Sounds like a distorted tv station. It is distorted in both AM and FM. It might be coming from one of the TV cables near my antenna or someone's tv. It is fairly irregular. Typically on late at night (10pm - 2am local).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8soxjbT4uUg

I originally thought this could be from undersampling of the QS1R (a strong signal getting past the low pass filter), but I also heard it on my portable shortwave radio.

What could this be?

Locally we have Comcast. Have they moved to a purely digital cable service? If so, I'm guessing the TV audio would be digital as well.

Aaron
Philadelphia, PA.
QS1R
Wellbrook 1530 S+ (two of them) and a Quantum Phaser