RFI

Re: [RFI] Laser Christmas Lights

To: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>, "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Laser Christmas Lights
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 12:17:10 +0000
What is typically done is that ARRL files a complaint with the FCC.

Unfortunately, the FCC then takes the position that is will not comment on
active complaint cases, and in too many cases, it is not at all apparent that
the FCC has done anything. If the do act, it often takes years, and by then, of
course, the big box stores will have different models.

Still, it needs to be done, because there ARE committees and some regulators
that pay attention to these sorts of problems.  CISPR and C63 will consider
interference complaints in the setting of standards, for example.

Ed, W1RFI/4