RFI

Re: [RFI] UVerse WAP VEN501-AT Interference

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] UVerse WAP VEN501-AT Interference
From: Clark Macaulay <clark.macaulay@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 12:16:30 -0500
Ed, you nailed it for me.  I have the same STB as you.  I found that
disconnecting the CAT5 cable from the modem to the WAP and STB removed the
noise.  Put a choke toroid of 5T on the cable--no change.  I think it's
time to replace the STBs with CAT5 versions.  Seems strange that the boxes
and/or WAP, being FCC approved, would emit the stuff.

73,

Clark/WU4B