RFI

Re: [RFI] Ugly noise environment

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ugly noise environment
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 15:10:59 -0800
On Wed,2/24/2016 2:26 PM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas from this "signature" what I might be dealing with here?

Hi Pete,

You're being serenaded by hundreds of switching power supplies and microprocessors. If they drift, they're SMPS. If they don't, they're from a microprocessor. I'd take a WAG that the average residence has at least 30 such noise sources. Virtually every wall wart, battery charger, PS for low voltage lighting, computer, computer accessory, variable speed motor controller, etc. is an SMPS.

73, Jim K9YC