RFI

Re: [RFI] Light fixtures

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Light fixtures
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 13:08:43 -0700
On Fri,7/1/2016 12:45 PM, Bob K6UJ wrote:
You are not alone. I put in some LED strip lights under our kitchen cabinets.

Consider LED strips from Wired Communications, but do NOT use one of their power supplies, which are likely to be noisy. Instead, use a vintage linear wall wart in the range of 12V -- they are rather tolerant of voltage, and will, to some extent, self-regulate. The five of their strips that light my shack draw a combined 1.2A from the shack 13V battery system. They exhibit at Pacificon and Visalia, which is how I found them.

https://www.wiredco.com/LED_Lighting_Low_Voltage_s/1874.htm

They also sell some inline switches that you can use if you don't have another easy way to switch them.

73, Jim K9YC