RFI

Re: [RFI] Quiet Power Supply?

To: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Quiet Power Supply?
From: Ken Winterling <wa2lbi@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 14:29:02 -0400
Peter,

Check out the IOTA power supplies.  I have had the IOTA DLS-55 with IQ4
smart charger module for years.  Sometimes it has run 24/7 for months.  The
IOTA units are exceptionally RF clean and have excellent electrical
characteristics.

If you get the IQ4 smart charger module (or buy the supply with the
internal IQ4) it turns the supply into an automatic battery charger/power
supply.  Connect a battery to the IOTA supply (fused) and a radio to the
battery (fused).  The battery can remain permanently connected to the IOTA
and it will maintain the charge.

Another benefit is that the IOTA power supplies/chargers are designed so
their outputs can be paralleled with another like unit without
modification.  That would double the current rating.

See the 12VDC IOTA units at this link.  They are available from 15-90 amps.
http://www.iotaengineering.com/12vdc.htm

Read about the IQ4 smart charger 4-stage battery charging modes here:
http://www.iotaengineering.com/iq.htm

Ken
WA2LBI