RFI

Re: [RFI] Frequency Shifting RFI

To: k1ttt@arrl.net, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Frequency Shifting RFI
From: Tom Thompson <w0ivj@tomthompson.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 13:36:03 -0600
I figured it was switcher, but I have never seen one move in frequency so far so fast. Anyway, when I get around to finding it, I'll report back.

Tom   W0IVJ

On 8/26/2016 1:11 PM, David Robbins wrote:
That is likely a harmonic of a switching supply that is relatively
unregulated, as the line voltage changes the frequency of the switching
changes.  I can't tell the frequency range you are monitoring, but in
general switchers like that are probably around 50-100khz with harmonics way
up the bands.  The lower in frequency you can find it the less it will shift
and the narrower the noise will be.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373