RFI

Re: [RFI] Local RFI...

To: Howard Lester <howard220@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Local RFI...
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 13:55:49 -0700
On 5 Sep 2016 at 16:24, Howard Lester wrote:

> > Check the ARRL website for info about arc-fault interrupters. Some
> are known to have RFI issues.
>
> Long ago I had a situation where I set off a builder-supplied GFCI (I
> know, it´s different) when I transmitted with 100 watts on 17 meters,
> and burned it out. I replaced it with one made by Leviton, and never
> had a problem at that outlet again. I'd made no changes to the
> antenna.
>
> Howard N7SO

Hmmm...funny you should mention that: for some time, the GFCI at our basement
washing
machine would trip off every time I was on 40 meters, but I got that fixed.

Just a day or two ago, I discovered another, seldom-used, GFCI which is toast.
I suppose I
wiped that one out some time ago.

Thanks for the info.

Ken W7EKB