RFI

Re: [RFI] weird noise "waves" 60 khz Apaert

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] weird noise "waves" 60 khz Apaert
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 03:26:11 -0500
Unplug your skimmer PC that just died from the wall outlet.

Dale, k9vuj

On 20, Sep 2016, at 20:15, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com> wrote:

Today, for the first time, I looked at the bands on the bandscope of my RTTY
Skimmer Server.  To my surprise, the background noise level shows very
pronounced maxima every 60 *Kilo*hertx, with a notch next to each maximum.  I'm
trying to get a screenshot to post, but my Skimmer PC just died.  In the
meantime, does this ring any bells with anyone.

These are not discrete peaks - more like parabolic shapes repeating every 60
KHz, but with significant energy on the upslopes.

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at