RFI

Re: [RFI] Material 75 vs Material 31 Ferrites for EMI

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Material 75 vs Material 31 Ferrites for EMI
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 16:41:21 -0700
Uh, I think you mean clamp-on's are a waste of money if configured in a single
pass on a cable....if you can do multiple turns, you're good.

Chris
KF7P

On Feb 10, 2017, at 15:42 , Jim Brown wrote:

Chuck,

I looked into this half a year ago when someone asked the same question. The
answer was no. I don't remember why.

Study my material on this topic. Below 5 MHz, we need multiple turns through a
#31 core. Between 5 MHz and 6M, we need multiple turns through #31 or #43.

Clamp-ons of either are a waste of money and do nothing at HF.

73, Jim K9YC