RFI

Re: [RFI] 4khz Spectrum comb ADSL2 one last try composed as text

To: w2ttt@att.net
Subject: Re: [RFI] 4khz Spectrum comb ADSL2 one last try composed as text
From: HankP <pfizenmayer@q.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 16:46:59 -0500 (EST)
HI Gordon -- I have read about the 4.3125 standard spacing - This Clink system
is within a hz of 4 khz, for instance 7007.783 , 7011.783 .. There now happens
to be another set also spaced exactly 4 khz - but offset by about 44 hz. I was
not seeing that before the new cable. Why Clink is not using an "industry
standard" I have no idea. It might be because AT&T owned these lines circa
1970s - started carrying Uverse - which I had - then Qwest bought the
frranchise from ATT and dropped the Uverse and we went to DirecTV . Now Clink
is pushing their "Prism" TV So the basic plant may be from some time ago . I am
still using the same modem I started with with AT&T , Clink limits me to 20
mbps internet because of that modem but it does all we need. . When this mess
started a little over a year ago , at first there would be periods of no
carriers at all. Then if I transmitted on160 with even 1 watt !!!! carriers
would start appearing and the longer I transmitted - more carriers would
 appear . At 1500 watts , carriers would appear as a full comb from somewhere
just above 1700 khz to about 2100 khz . After a month or so the carriers would
be there all the time maybe not a full comb but then it would add carriers as I
transmitted and the longer I transmitted or at higher power - the system would
raise the level of the carriers . I have EXCEL spread sheets of the early
progression - its almost funny . I dont see that behavior anymore - carriers
always there and very little increase in max carrier levels as I transmit . But
the bottom line still remains - why I seem to be the only guy in the world
seeing this is beyond me. I certainly am not in a noise free environment -
buried in a sea of other noise. With regard to getting Clink to do anything -
that is a whole different problem. And what I presented was only the tip of the
iceberg in interacting with Clink and their tech. (not the Ham - but the ham
was called in because the first tech said "he could not ta
 lk to me " . What he really means is he has absolutely zero RF knowledge and
refused to even look at my data or listen to the carriers . ( He is the
"expert" on ADSL/VDSL , teaches the courses to other techs ) He informed me
about 5 minutes after arriving that this was not his first Rodeo and at the end
of the frst day after about 6 hours of twiddling with the pairs from the DSLAM
to my house with zero effect refused to give me a contact number or his
employee number or even his name - and "johnny" was all I needed to know. He
even threatened to turn me into the FCC as I was interfering with their system
!!!!!!!! I will admit I did retort - that would be great - please do. The ONLY
number I have with Clink is thru the Engineer in Denver. (And if I am to
believe the Denver guy - (which I do because he has worked with W0IVJ) it took
him about 3 weeks to even find a contact for him to get anyone out here in
Phoenix. (And even though the Denver Engineer had identified the exact
 source customer , the "expert"(who said he knew that ) refused to even look at
that customer. So you see my dilemma ??? 73 Hank K7HP ----- Original Message
-----