RFI

Re: [RFI] FCC action against Solar City

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] FCC action against Solar City
From: Michael Aust <ava622@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 20:11:30 -0400
Well, the SolarEdge Inverters that have the Power Optimizers
use Buck Boost Converters which can be very Noisy and generate
spurs.

Designed a Microwave Receiver with these Buck Boost HV Converters
and the spurs in the MHz Range were really an issue without proper
shielding. ( A real nightmare - later resolve by filtering & shielding )

I assume these SolarEdge Units have very little filtering and shielding.....

It is a definite Design Issue !

Mike
WB6DJI