RFI

Re: [RFI] Common-Mode CHoke

To: "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Common-Mode CHoke
From: Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 16:43:15 +0000 (UTC)
Thanks, Jim! OK, so far, so good. How lossy will this be? As lossy as, say, a
long string of ferrite beads? If not, is that because of the increased
inductive impedance? If it's as lossy as a string of beads, then I presume how
hot it gets must depend on the magnitude of the common mode current.
I have Sevick's book, so I've seen his numbers on the impedance of magnet wire.
I was surpised by that, but I've also seen your verification of Sevick's
numbers, and I worked out the impedance of parallel conductor line based on
what I found for the insulation thickness and it all made sense.
73, Kim N5OP