RFI

Re: [RFI] Pure water is an insulator

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Pure water is an insulator
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 17:45:28 -0700
"IOW, you were borrowing the neutral of a neighbor - someone else who was on
the same pole transformer. How did you find the missing neutral problem?"

Numerous issues over the years led to it.  No grounds at all in the system,
I found them, they were loops of wire around, but not in contact with
multiple ground rods at several poles, open neutral from the house to the
poles, so no sharing through the transformer to another parcel, GFI outlets
that didn't work right, one leg of 220 for the well tied to the case, which
I discovered by sitting on it and getting a good zap in the butt while
programming irrigation timers, and measuring ~120 VAC from the water coming
out of
the facuet in the kitchen to a ground screw on a power outlet.  Now to
resolve issues like 125' runs of 12/2 feeding an attached three-car garage
through an attic.

Kurt