RFI

Re: [RFI] Recommend a Small Low-RFI Inverter? - more Samlex

To: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Recommend a Small Low-RFI Inverter? - more Samlex
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 11:53:00 -0700
On 30 Sep 2017 at 14:38, qrv@kd4e.com wrote:

> I'd like to install a small sine wave inverter in my '86 Suburban.
>
> The ones I have explored so far have online reviews reporting a variety
> of RF interference and audio noise.
>
> Can anyone recommend a low-RFI currently-available small inverter (I'm
> thinking 200-300 watts with higher peak capacity), please?
>
> Thanks - DavidC KD4E

I might add that Samlex and one or two other companies market inverters which
are
specifically designed to exhibit very low RFI for use in ambulances, etc.,
where there are
sensitive medical instruments in use.

Most such companies, including Samlex, have two separate lines of inverter: 1)
common
"home use" inverters, and 2) emergency vehicle inverters.

Shop for and get the right one.

My Samlex is their PST-300-12 Pure Sinewave Inverter.

Ken W7EKB

---