RFI

Re: [RFI] Question about excess

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Question about excess
From: Wes Stewart via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 22:51:15 +0000 (UTC)
Coil 'em up or bundle 'em up and throw a tie wrap around 'em, or leave them
dangle and stop worrying about it.

IMHO, there is far too much hand wringing about this stuff. The only CM chokes
in my station are molded onto the cables supplied by the computer and monitor
suppliers and the one outside at the feedpoint of my inverted-vee. It"s one of
those "low-performance" W2DU types.

If I use a handheld HF radio to sniff up close to the clothes washer and dryer,
the fridge, the dishwasher, the induction cooktop, the computer monitors and TV
sets, the wall warts, etc, I hear garbage.  I hear none of it using the HF
antennas on the tower a 100' away.  On 160 using the TX Inverted-L on receive I
still hear more than I can work with 500W.

Wes  N7WS
.
 Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 19:33:44 -0700
 From: Greg Newberry <greg@obillow.com>