RFI

Re: [RFI] Flat-screen monitor noise

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Flat-screen monitor noise
From: "Dave Cole (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 07:27:02 -0800
RFI you can not hear on your main station, is to be ignored...  :)

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net

On 01/28/2018 04:32 AM, N4ZR wrote:
I've been tracking down some intermittent, severe RFI, using a portable short-wave radio to identify possible in-house sources..  I just put the antenna of the radio next to the screen of my monitor and was surprised/shocked by the noise it picked up.  I note, however, that at a distance of less than two feet I cannot hear the monitor any more. Moreover,cutting power to the monitor causes no change in the received noise on my K3, so I assume the racket is harmless.

Comments?