RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI every 15 KHz on 160 meters, suspect source is a manufactur

To: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI every 15 KHz on 160 meters, suspect source is a manufacturing facility.
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 16:05:31 +0000
Actually, testing BPL was easy.  For access BPL, ie, on overhead power lines,
the rules said to crank it to the maximum power, then report what power setting
was needed to achieve compliance.  In practice, they were tested at the power
setting that achieved compliance, even though the systems didn't actually
manage to communicate data at that setting. The FCC looked at the test results,
the systems complied, so Certification was granted.  For the in-premise
systems, there are no power settings, but the systems are Verified, not
Certificated, although in my experience with HomePlug, the in-premise systems
do comply.

Recent rules changes have put even acc