RFI

[RFI] Optimizers & thje FCC

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Optimizers & thje FCC
From: Leonard Halvorsen <lhalvors@pppl.gov>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 18:58:54 -0400
About a week ago a past e-mail from an FCC official was repeated in this
forum, which *asked for *information/complaints regarding RFI from solar
installations. I read, almost every day, about problems with these devices,
but I never see anyone reporting their progress with that official at the
FCC. Has everyone thrown in the towel?

One last suggestion...
When you're listening to RFI, determine if it's audible (or visible on your
spectrum display) in the 108 to 120 MHz. band. If it is, send an e-mail to
the FCC ASAP, with your data. The FCC will absolutely NOT tolerate RFI in
the Aviation Radio Navigation Band.

If you cc: your e-mail to the FAA, that will REALLY light a fire under
someones' office chair.

lh
wa2amw