RFI

Re: [RFI] 1 second pulse on 30M

To: Rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 1 second pulse on 30M
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 18:21:14 -0400
Normally I have two radios & a K3s with
sub RX, but right now I only have a K3
with no sub RX so I can't listen to WWV
but WWV stops the ticks when there is
voice and these ticks keep on going.

The only "electric fences" here are dog
fences. There was one that was a problem
from down the road but when they moved I
made sure it was turned off. It had an
oscillating sound, this is a sharp tick.
There's no livestock fence near here, I'm
at the dead end of a "gated" community and
the nearest house away from my street is
over a mile away.

The problem hasn't been there till today
and though it's raining which might
encourage arcing, rain hasn't brought this
out before.

I am next to AMTRAK, my 160M nemesis but
that is more due to their leaky insulators
on their catenary supports, never any
equally spaced signals. Perhaps they
started some pulse today with that "Master
clock" system?

Thanks for the ideas, I need a portable HF
radio that covers all the HF bands.

73,

Gary
KA1J