RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI from furnace/air conditioning

To: "'D C _Mac_ Macdonald'" <k2gkk@hotmail.com>, "'RFI Group'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from furnace/air conditioning
From: "Ed" <ed_richardson@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 07:39:39 -0500
I believe we have the same HVAC unit as you do and indeed found some
unacceptable RFI coming from the unit. Lennox is actually aware of this and
will provide a filter kit (ours was at no cost) consisting of an AAC line
filter and a couple clamp on ferrites. Once installed this helped significantly
but did not eliminate the problem.  I added a couple more mix 31 doughnuts in
place of their clamp-on's and also  added one on the thermostat line at the
thermostat and the problem seems to have been reduced to the point where my
antennas do not see the noise.

Contact your local installer and ask for the kit or contact Lennox directly.

Ed - VE4EAR