RFI

Re: [RFI] RF slowing down upstream cable modem data

To: Matt NQ6N <matt@nq6n.com>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RF slowing down upstream cable modem data
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 12:40:25 -0800
A long list of ideas:

On my amp 240AC I used a commercial line filter plus a multi turn green wire going thru a 240-31 core to keep rf out of the AC power grounds.  (I assume the amp has it's separate ground wire to the single point)  Technically not UL, but it has worked and the safety issue is beyond remote.  You could add another filter for the router AC, and a green wire ferrite if it has a green wire connection.  An AC line in the US isn't balanced and clamp on chokes can only do common mode.  Maybe you need more chokes on the 40m feedline.  Check the grounding block on the RG6 entry.  All RG6 connectors need to be really tight.  It's unlikely there is leakage into the RG6 except at connectors.  Maybe give each one a hard tug test.  Replace any store bought "RG6" jumpers with custom made ones, cable installers have made them for me.

Grant KZ1W