RFI

Re: [RFI] Firman Generators

To: sparkie001@pobox.com, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Firman Generators
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 13:08:49 -0800
No data on Firman, but did do a teardown of the Harbor Freight Predator 3500 invertor unit and measured its electrical performance. It does meet specs and has some headroom on the DC side of the inverter under full resistive load. The AC output waveform looked good, smooth linkages of the PWM segments with no overshoot spikes. I didn't have a SA available so couldn't measure the RFI, but the scope look was reassuring.

Overall the HF unit tooling is very impressive. It is a very good copy of the Honda 3k. Some parts were scavenged for other purposes so can't do further testing.

Evaluating inverter gens should be on the ARRL test dept list, and this one should make the short list.

$699 with the sale coupon, there was a $649 coupon before which is what we paid. Plus it is electric start vs the Firman.

Grant KZ1W