RFI

Re: [RFI] A troubling new source of RFI

To: Volodya S <canswl@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] A troubling new source of RFI
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 15:49:26 +0000
I once tried Ethernet over house power wiring.  It didn't last long.  When
I loaded a kW into the antenna, that took care of it.  The "adapter" went
up in smoke, literally.  However, when it was operating, the RFI was about
as bad as the recordings all of us have heard of BPL.

Dave - WØLEV

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 7:15 PM Volodya S <canswl@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd  love to  have a hand.  Love to see your approach on how to deal with
> it, though!    73,  Walt
>
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 7:14 PM R. Colin Newell <coffeecanuck@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Ethernet over powerline — UGLY...
> >
> > Easy to track to an individual house.
> >
> > I can look this Sunday.
> >
> > Colin Newell - Victoria - B.C. CANADA -
> >
> > > On Jan 16, 2019, at 11:04 AM, Volodya S <canswl@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > <Unidentified RFI 15Jan2019 Victoria.jpg>
> > > Since returning after Christmas, I'm noticing a very troublesome source
> > of RFI right across the bands from about 2 MHz to 30 MHz.  Each spike is
> > very narrow as you can see.  It's there 24/7.  The ham bands are equally
> > affected.  There appears to be short data bursts intermittently, I think.
> > Ideas of what they may be?  Solutions?    73,  Walt Salmaniw, Victoria,
> BC

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*
*Just Think*