RFI

Re: [RFI] Bulk order source for Ferrite beads?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Bulk order source for Ferrite beads?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2019 14:30:31 -0800
I also recommend Arrow, both for cost and service, especially for small quantity. It helps a lot that shipping is free for an order of $20 or more -- IF it's a web order for what's in stock.  I also got a very good price on 100 pieces of the 2.4-in o.d. #31 toroids.  Other good vendors are Lodestone Pacific, Dexter Magnetics, and the usual industrial electronics houses like Newark, Allied, Mouser, etc.

Note also that there is currently a tariff on these parts, which are made in Fair-Rite's factory in China.

BUT -- #61 cores are NOT of much use for RFI suppression below UHF, and they are a terrible choice for a common mode choke (often called a "current balun").

73, Jim K9YC