RFI

Re: [RFI] Apartment complex RFI associated with Fire Alarm Control Panel

To: sparkie001@pobox.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Apartment complex RFI associated with Fire Alarm Control Panel circuit
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 13:30:18 -0500
Hi Steve,

Yes, I'm very suspicious of the AC power supply (also wonder if the battery
is OK, but I would think the system would alarm if battery was sick), and
can't wait to see what we find out.  I'm not really sure who the apartment
complex called to notify them that we were working on the system and alarms
needed to be ignored during that time period.  There is definitely a fire
alarm monitoring service (be it a service or central fire department
dispatch), and recall them telling me in early conversations on the phone
that their system communicated via RF to whomever is monitoring the alarms
(be it a service, or the actual fire department dispatch center).

The process of gaining access and information is a very slow one, but we
will figure it out.  I was surprised that the apartment complex "service
supervisor" did not know where the FACP was actually located (not really
sure he did not know, or if he was tired of working with me for the day and
therefore just did not want to tell me).

Thanks,
Don (wd8dsb)