RFI

Re: [RFI] Going hunting - Got new gear...

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Going hunting - Got new gear...
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 12:07:06 -0700
I regularly search up to roughly 950 MHz. Antennas are smaller, RFI is relatively less, requiring one to be at the source, so you can pinpoint it MUCH more easily. When I hear it on HF, I go out and search with VHF, and go up from there. HF was good, until one pole covered 18 square miles with noise. Even the power company uses UHF to pinpoint, figured they wouldn't spend $$$$$, or waste time if UHF wasn't adequate. I usually start around 120 MHz, when hearing noise below that, move to around 325, then 4xx, then ~950 MHz.

Kurt